Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Habits of lifelong learners

Seven and 1/2 Habits of Highly Successful Lifelong Learners

This was a really useful podcast, and one I’ll revisit.
I jotted down some notes as I watched it.
1. Goals – I sometimes have them, but it would probably more productive if I made a point of always writing them down.
2. Responsibility for own learning – always feel this. It’s good to take pride in your accomlishments.
3. See problems as challenges – I try to always do this, but when faced with time constraints, it’s sometimes the case that you just see problems as a pain in the you-know-what.
4. Have confidence in myself as a learner – always, even if I don’t grasp something immediately. I’m a stubborn person, so persevere.
5. Learning – I didn’t realise that I had one, but can see that I do.
6. Feel comfortable with technology. I love it!!! The trouble is, it can become addictive.
7. Teach and mentor others – I try to do this as often as possible. Knowledge is only knowledge when it’s shared.
7 ½. Play – as often as possible.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think most of us are the same. Time is a big problem & if we had more of it we could probably hit these points more often. I like the 1/2 play I might try to do that one more often. Have you got your blog set so that you get an email whenever a new comment is posted?